Well honestly, we’re obsessed with all her wedding dresses. And her bridal shower dress. And her bachelorette party style. No doubt about it, Priyanka Chopra made herself a fashion icon for the wedding dress industry this December!
Here’s a quick look at Priyanka’s style from her wedding events:
Love, laughter and a room full of amazing ladies…and some special gentlemen (what a special surprise)! Thank you so much @mubinarattonsey and @anjula_acharia for throwing me such a memorable bridal shower that broke all the rules! My amazing friends and family who made me feel so special and loved, thank you. And to top it off @tiffanyandco 😍 Perfect! Here’s sharing it with you…
It seems that the new Mrs. Jonas is all about texture and fine detail. At her bridal shower, she wore a feather embroidered midi dress from Marchesa. Then hemlines climbed and the feathers got more dramatic for her bachelorette party look! Designer Georges Chakra provided a show-stopping mini dress with a feather duster that Priyanka topped with a faux-fur Hugo Boss jacket.
Priyanka Chopra’s Western Wedding Dress
The new Mr. and Mrs. Jonas celebrated the merging of their cultures with several wedding celebrations. This included a traditional Western ceremony as well as several traditional Hindu wedding celebrations including the Mehendi and Sangeet. What is truly remarkable about Priyanka’s western wedding gown is that it was custom-made by Ralph Lauren. That makes it the first wedding gown Ralph Lauren has made for a bride outside his family. He also previously designed a gown for his daughter, daughter-in-law, and niece.
Ralph Lauren approached Priyanka about making the gown, which was a lovely touch considering he outfitted Priyanka and Nick Jonas at the 2017 Met Gala when they first began seeing each other.
Here are some fast facts about the stunning wedding day look:
- The hand-beaded and hand-embroidered gown took 1,826 hours to make
- The column dress under the embroidered outer layer had 2,380,000 mother of pearl sequins
- Priyanka’s veil was 75 feet long and required at least 5 attendants
- 8 sentimental phrases were embroidered on it, including her husband’s full name, their wedding date, and her parent’s names
- A piece of Priyanka’s mother-in-law’s wedding dress was sewn in
If that wasn’t enough, a small piece of Priyanka’s wedding dress was sewn into the lapel of Nick’s tux, with the phrase “My Jaan” which translates into “My Life.” (Urdu).
The looks were fit for a queen, which is becoming as the venue for both Western and Hindu ceremonies was the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur.
Priyanka Chopra’s Indian Wedding Dress
Celebrated Indian designer Sabasyachi Mukherjee designed Chopra’s red lehenga. Here are the details:
- It took 110 embroiderers from Calcutta to make the look over 3720 hours
- It featured hand-cut organza flowers, silk floss, red crystals and layers of threadwork embroidery.
- Her wedding jewelry featured uncut diamonds, emeralds and Japanese cultured pearls in 22kt gold.
Inspired by Priyanka Chopra and Her Wedding Dress Style?
If you’re in love with Priyanka Chopra’s Ralph Lauren haute couture wedding dress, here are some Viero Bridal creations to chanel her timeless look. Or, you can contact us for a custom gown!